I met my host family yesterday. They are very interesting people. Franz and Marina have two sons Julian and Benjamin. Julian is 17 and lives here and Benjamin moved out just a little while ago. Our room is huge and we have bunk beds but the are really tall. I sleep on the top. It takes us about a half an hour to get to school.Today was the first day of classes. I had two classes. Deutsch, which was interesting, I have forgotten a lot. and then a class with Cindy. Then Ruth and I went searching for a Billa, grocery store, and basically walked down all the streets in the first distict and still didn't find one. Then we got on the street car to go home but we couldn't remember which stop we had to switch cars on so we rode to one end of the city. Then we rode back, again missing our stop and rode almost to the other end of the city when we finally found out where our conection was. The connection was only 2 stops from where we got on. Moral of the story - don't ask the viennese for directions. They all give different directions and not one of them was ever right. On the way home we went to a Billa and bought some food. We decided to have dinner in the park. The last two pictures are of the park we ate dinner in and us. Tomorrow we go to Bratislava, really early in the morning. Fun!
Sorry the pictures are not all right side up. I was in a hurry.
I NEED more pictures! I really like the one where you look like a monkey, haha. I am way jealous of you right now, and I am trying to live vicariously through you, so if you could write in your blog more, that would be greatly appreciated. Have so much fun! And I am sorry about the shirt (see our blog) but you were supposed to have a shot at it too. If you had won "Chubby Bunny", you could have had it.
1 comment:
I NEED more pictures! I really like the one where you look like a monkey, haha. I am way jealous of you right now, and I am trying to live vicariously through you, so if you could write in your blog more, that would be greatly appreciated. Have so much fun! And I am sorry about the shirt (see our blog) but you were supposed to have a shot at it too. If you had won "Chubby Bunny", you could have had it.
Post a Comment