14.9.08

Bratislava

So last Friday, we spent the day in Bratislava. It looked a lot like Vienna except it was dirtier and it was obvious that it has been under communistic role for a long time. I took about 70 pictures but I won't put them all up.Only the ones with people, because they are more interesting.
This is the guards in front of the place where the President lives. We were there for the changing of the guard, but it wasn't really that interesting.
Some random tourist shop with interesting shutters.
Here is Rachel, Me, and Marinda climbing on the only part of the old city wall that is left. It looks like we are standing on the ground, but we aren't we climbed up a little ways.
Here is me standing next to a small wall at the castle.
Me and Brittany sitting on - I don't really know. Something at the castle. We couldn't go in because they are renovating it so it is closed for 5 years. This is the thinnest house in Bratislava, probably in Slovakia too. My arm span is longer than it. This is me, Ruth, Joseph, and Alisha standing on a castle wall. Behind me is Micheal's Tower. A street musician. Me in a small crack in the wall type of thing. It turned out not to be such a good idea because when I climbed in I ran into tons of spider webs- gross. Plus everywhere I touched the wall just crumbled. So Bratislava was super fun for the day.

2 comments:

Randi said...

I'm happy you're posting, I thought you'd be too busy to share anything on here. Don't stop with the pictures and fun stories!!

wejensens said...

That was fun - I wouldn't climb walls and get in cracks though unless you know it is okay.