27.10.08

Cool pic eh?
Kasia, me, and Cass. behind us is St. Wenceslas sq.
Me, Alisha, guard, Annalise, and Anna
Ok there are seven people squishing in, but the shortest girl, Camille is in the back.
Alisha, me and Cass at the pub/cafe.
Prague was a fun experience. We stayed in a hotel and hostel, lots of school groups use these, because the leader can have a hotel room and the kids get cheap really disgusting hostel rooms that have a few bathrooms per floor and two shower rooms per floor.

We took a tour every day of the city except Saturday. The first day after our tour I went to lunch at a Czech cafeteria with Bruce’s parents and Kasia and Cassandra. Basically they eat a lot of fat. Every day they had street performers on Charles bridge, the really famous bridge of Prague. So I listened to a lot of bands perform there. We also found the first non-smoking café which was really cool because you could play checkers and chess while you drank your hot chocolate. I spent a total of about 3 hours in that café during the entire trip. One of the nights Cassandra, Alisha, and I went to a café/pub and watched live jazz. The band consisted of a piano, bass, and the drums. Maybe Spence could be in a jazz band and just play at restaurants whenever he wants. I’m pretty sure they made a lot of money, because it cost some money just to get in and see them. One day we went and climbed up to the top of a tower. It was an amazing view of the entire city.

I hung out a lot with Cassandra and Kasia on this trip. I also figured out a lot of Czech while I was there. The first night I had to figure out what peanuts was by going to the grocery store and looking at a lot of labels. By then I had figured out a bunch of other words too. So now Kasia and Cassandra think I am a genius because I can figure a language out without ever taking any classes or anything. So I am pretty proud of that, because I didn’t think it was really that cool, but I could read a lot more than anyone else in our group. Although when we got back to Vienna I felt like an idiot again. The dialect here is so strange and thick.

Scenes from mission impossible and the bourne identity were filmed here so I guess that makes me almost famous. right? ok not really, but it is cool.

2 comments:

Shara said...

Wow -- you are really seeing some great places! Looks like you're having a lot of fun. Love the socks!

Anonymous said...

Hey I finally got an account so now I can comment on your bolg. HEHE. Anyway looks like your having blast. I love you new shoes. Also the booth what is it for. Looks a little small for 7 people. Well have fun. I also agree with Shara sweet socks. PS incase you didn't know I went on a date with one of Mark's mission companions. LOL