7.10.08

Halstadt and Salzburg

Me
Annalise, Me, and Rachel . . . yeah
beautiful
Halstadt. Exceptionaly Beautiful. In the morning we toured the oldest salt mine in the world. Pretty fun we got to slide down the longest mine slide in the world. Fun! Then we went on a hike up in the mountains. I loved it. Painters traveled from all over in the 17th century just to see these mountains. Then we went to St. Wolfgang's Church and saw the most valuable alter in the world. It is ridiculously old. Our "tour guide" (I think he was a priest.) spoke only German and was pretty funny when I could understand him. Friday we spent in Salzburg. (Sound of Music) wasn't my favorite city. I drank hot chocolate in the oldest restaraunt in the world. It has been there since 803 (not a typo) and it was ridiculously expensive. hence only hot chocolate. I got to be in a lot of the same places that Julie Andrews was when she was filming The Sound of Music. Other than that it was kind of a boring city. We also went to some priest guy's palace. The guy had a funny sense of humor. As we went on the tour water would come out of the most random places. I got pretty well soaked.

No comments: