So yesterday Ruth, Kasia, and I went to the Schoenbrunn Tiergarten (zoo), because it was a holiday and everything else was closed, and because it was also way awesome! We were there for about five hours. Yeah that awesome. We also went to the Palmenhaus (green house) and the Wuesthaus (desert house )

This is one of the really cool looking flowers in the Palmenhous.

This is the giraffe I petted. The laws are a lot different here. We were able to go into some of the cages with the animals. That would never be allowed in the US. For example we went into a bat cave. Scary. Some how in the dark these bats know where you are and don't run into you. We didn't get to be in the cage with the giraffes, but I did get to pet this one.

A polar bear for Spencer.

A hippo

Me with two panda bears. Ok all my pics of the real panda bears didn't turn out to good. Which is sad, because they just had a baby panda bear and apparently it is really difficult to have a baby panda bear in a zoo. This contributes to the fact that they are an endagered speices.
2 comments:
Fun, I love the zoo! I think we are going to the zoo in Las Vegas next weekend. Hopefully, your mom and dad and Spencer are coming too.*hint-hint* Lisa, I really want them to come but they aren't sure they will. We will miss you of course, but I'm glad you are having such a fun time.
Why does Spencer get a Polar Bear? Can I have a rhino? I think that I embody the spirit of a rhino.
Post a Comment