
The first day there we went on a hike in the Snow capped mountains. This amazing guy named Fritz was our guide. We rode the gondola up and walked down to a small church (really random, but they have them on all of the large mountains here) and then to a small mountain farm. They fed us some homemade bread and cheese which I thought was really good even though it was super strong. Although I found out not many people in the group liked it. Then we walked back to a gondola station, where most people got on and rode the rest of the way back down. Some of us hiked down the rest of the mountain. We didn’t really follow at trail – just walked down the face. It was super muddy and fun. Then I went to my first soccer match since I have been here. It was lots of fun even though Dorfgastein lost. The next day was Sunday and also the day they celebrate Thanksgiving. So I already celebrated Thanksgiving. We attended their mass. Very interesting. Lots of praying and standing. Then they put on a parade. Almost everyone in the town was in the parade and about ten people watched and our BYU group. It took them about 15 min. to walk around the block and put on a little gun display. They all wore traditional military uniforms from different time periods. Then we had lunch and played soccer with Fritz (he was amazing even though I think he is 60) I was the goalie and I stopped a few of his almost goals. So I felt pretty good, considering I haven’t played for a long time. Monday morning we hiked up the other mountain (steep hike and before breakfast) to another farm, and had an amazing breakfast. The first time I have had scrambled eggs since I have been here. It was so delicious.
1 comment:
I like that blue jacket you have with the lighter blue trim. That's pretty cool. Did you get it in Austria or buy it here before you left?
Post a Comment